Dodgson Family Tree
Eric Dodgson (1926-2000)
|· Parents: Thomas Ralph Dodgson, Margaret Williams.
||· Siblings: None.
||· Spouse: Alice Foster.
||· Children: Ann, Paul.
· 28th September 1926, born in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. Parents Thomas Ralph and Margaret.
[Birth Certificate]. Was born at Mill Hill Sanatorium Dalton this was not the normal maternity
· 7th November 1926, Baptised at St John’s Church, Newsome. [Certificate]
· He lived in the Newsome / Berry brow area of Huddersfield.
· Upon leaving school he trained as a baker / confectioner.
· 1941 WWII, tried to join the navy as a ships cook aged 15, was sent home after 3 months.
· 1942 WWII, joined the Green Howard’s and spent time during the war in Egypt, Greece and Italy.
After the war had ended he was posted to Palestine and spent time working on the war graves.
· Demobbed in 1947 and returned to Huddersfield.
· In the spring of 1948 he met Alice Foster and they were married on 23rd August 1948 at St
Andrews Church Leeds Rd.
· They lived in the Northgate area of Huddersfield.
· 11th December 1950, birth of daughter Ann Mullineux.
· He continued to work as a baker and spent sometime working at the Co-op bakery on New Hey Rd,
· 1952, Death of mother Margaret .
· Early 1954, moved to 2 Moor Crest Rd, Crosland Moor, Huddersfield.
· 9th April 1954, birth of son Paul Thomas at St Luke’s Hospital Crosland Moor.
· 1st August 1954, baptism of son Paul at Newsome Methodist Church. [Certificate]
· 1955, Father remarried Gladys Barber from the Don Valley area of Sheffield.
· 11th April 1957, Death of father Thomas Ralph, aged 51 years 10 months. Cremated at Elland.
[Deaths Hudds Examiner Friday 12th April].
· March 1961, took the job of steward at Thorpe Green Liberal Club, Golcar and the family moved
to 48 Park Road West.
· During his employment at the Club he was accused of embezzling money and the case went to court
in 1961. He was cleared of all charges and left the club early in 1962 to become the landlord
of the Woodlands Hotel public house,562 Manchester Rd, Milnsbridge.
· Due to difficult trading conditions he left the pub in the summer of 1965 and moved to 96 New
St, Paddock. The house was purchased at a cost £500. The Woodlands Hotel ceased trading in the
winter of 1965/66 and was demolished about 10 years later.
· He then became a local government officer, retrained and worked in the environmental health
· 1972, Marriage of daughter Ann to Jurek Growhowski.
· 1977, Divorce of daughter Ann.
· January 1976, moved to 8 Hill Top, Netherton.
· 4th December 1978, Marriage of son Paul at St James Church Slaithwaite to Mollie Culpan.
· February 1982, Divorce of son Paul.
· 3rd April 1982, Marriage of son Paul at the British Embassy, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia to Maureen
Dodgson (Hall – Dalby).
· 8th July 1982, birth of grandson James Alan at the Aramco Hospital, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
· 1983, Marriage of daughter Ann to Derrick Ramsay.
· 25th October 1983, birth of grandson Stephen Mullineux at Huddersfield.
· 1st February 1986, birth of granddaughter Jane Charlotte at Huddersfield.
· 21st August 1997, death of wife Alice aged 71 years 3 months, cremated at Huddersfield, ashes
buried at Lockwood cemetery. [Grave]
· 30th March 2000, died aged 73 years 6 months, cremated at Huddersfield, ashes buried at
Lockwood cemetery. [Grave]